Darion Nimloth Nortoromë
Darion is moving, always- he paces, he walks fast, he gestures when he speaks, he drums his fingers when he is trying to be quiet.
Darion Nortoromë Champion, Tier One
Chaotic Good Med. Humanoid (Elf) Ranger level 2 (Guide )
Init 8 in Surprise round); Senses Low-light Vision; Perception 3 Dex, 2d10+2+5);
Fort 2 x3; reach) or
Ranged Attack Longbow +5 (1d8 X3) range 100
Space 5ft.; Reach 5 (10 w/glaive)
Special Attacks – Rangers Focus (Ex) Focus on a single quarry. +2 Bonus on attack and damage rolls against the quarry. 1 Per day
Str 15, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 10
Base Attack 2 CMB 4 ; CMD 17
Feats Run, True Love, Dodge, Mythic Dodge, Power Attack
Skills Acrobatics 5(7 balance/jump), Climb 4, Know Geography 5, Know Nature 5, Perception 5, Sense Motive 3, Stealth 6, Survival 5
Languages Elven, Sylvan, Goblinspeak
• Track (Ex) Adds half level on Survival skill checks made to follow or identify tracks.
- Combat Style: Two-handed weapon fighting
• Wild Empathy Improve attitude of an animal +1
• Low-light Vision:A creature with low-light vision can see twice as far as a human in dim light. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Silent Hunter: Reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait). This racial trait replaces elven magic.
• Fleet-Footed: Elves with this racial trait receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. This racial trait replaces keen senses and weapon familiarity.
• Mythic Power (Su): 5 Uses
• Hard to Kill (Ex): Whenever you’re below 0 hit points, you automatically stabilize. If you have an ability that allows you to act while below 0 hit points, you still lose hit points for taking actions, as specified by that ability. Bleed damage still causes you to lose hit points when below 0 hit points. In addition, you don’t die until your total number of negative hit points is equal to or greater than double your Constitution score.
• Surge (Su): You can call upon your mythic power to overcome difficult challenges. You can expend one use of mythic power to increase any d20 roll you just made by rolling 1d6 and adding it to the result. Using this ability is an immediate action taken after the result of the original roll is revealed. This can change the outcome of the roll.
• Fleet Charge (Ex): As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to move up to your speed. At any point during this movement, you can make a single melee or ranged attack at your highest attack bonus, adding your tier to the attack roll. This is in addition to any other attacks you make this round. Damage from this attack bypasses all damage reduction.
• Impossible Speed (Ex): Your base land speed increases by 30 feet. In addition, if you expend one use of mythic power, for 1 hour your base land speed increases by 10 feet per mythic tier.
• Soaring Sprinter You gain a +2 trait bonus on Acrobatics checks to keep your balance or jump, and Acrobatics becomes a class skill for you.
• Ambush Training You gain a +1 trait bonus on initiative checks and a +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls during any surprise round in which you act.
• Reactionary You gain a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks.
• Haunting Regret Ghost of child hurt by my negligence. Take a –2 penalty on saving throws against the distraction ability of swarms, mind-affecting effects and on concentration checks.
Quirks: Darion is overly honest. It is an important point of honor to him and he will be honest even when it is to his detriment. Darion hates to sit, tends to pace and walk in circles if he’s confined in a small space.
GEAR (money 17 Di)
• Traveler’s Outfit – 1#
• Chain Shirt – 25#
• Glaive – 10#
• Longsword – 4#
• Longbow – 3#
• 20 Arrows – 3#
• Backpack – 2#
• Bedroll – 5#
• Elven Rations x3 – 3#
• Canteen – 1#
• Hemp Rope, 50 ft – 10#
• Heatstone – 1#
• Facial tatoos
Total Encumberance = 68# (medium load)
Born to Lord Gallasadur and Lady Taurwen on prosperous Nortoromë estate located between the town of Woodgate and the famous battlefield, Felzumath’s Fall. He received his given name of Nimloth on his first birthday. He has one sibling, an elder brother named Vespinel who was and is a vain, hard elf. As his brother was a century his senior to a previous wife of Gallasadur’s, the brothers had little in common. Nimloth spent a great deal of time alone in the woods with hunting dogs for company- often racing them. Fleet of foot, he would win most foot and obstacle races at the local festivals.
While at the tender age of 45, his father died defending his people from a malicious manticore that had burst out of the Baamor Woods. Vespinel was quick to take up the reins of lordship and kick his relatves from the manor to a nicely appointed but smaller cottage. Nimloth got to know and befriend the tenants of his late father, including several humans.
Upon reaching his age of majority he took the common name Darion after a childhood friend. He was invited back to the manor to serve Vespinel and learn to act as hie steward. Growing up isolated as he did, Darion tended towards being rather frank and bluntly honest. The brothers clashed over Lord Vespinel’s rather heavy-handed handling of human tenants. Eventually Darion left swearing not to return and joined the Sonnoleth rangers out of spite for his brother.
Whilst training under the famous ex-adventurer Tylion Fletcher, he learned to survive, even thrive, in the Northern Wilderlands far from any civilization. He learned the value of ambush and became a decent hunter. He developed a friendly rivalry with a fellow elf named Quilla who was also training under Tylion. They would make silly bets with the loser having to do something embarassing and potentially dangerous.
It was while suffering from losing on such a bet that Darion found himself unarmed and unable to save a human child that was teasing a bear cub. The enraged mother bear made short work of the kid and nearly took out Darion before he managed to ecape up a tree. His facial tatoos hide his scars of shame. Quilla nursed him back to health and during their time together Darion fell in love, although she could not return it. The child haunts him to this day, or so he believes and he never speaks of the incident.